The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) integrates sensors and mobile technologies into traditional industry, connects assets throughout the whole manufacturing process, and hence improve operational efficiency, optimize inventory and monitor conditions of the machines.
Challenges for Industrial IoT:
● Fully connected: Connect all sectors during the whole production procedure, and integrates them into a unified administration system, to achieve fully automated production.
● Fully control: Real-time monitoring allows manufacturers to access necessary data to make smart decisions, take corrective action and identify potential problems.
● Resource integration: Provide customized orders with efficient supply and “zero inventory” based on the integrated supply chain platform.
● Harsh environment: Electronic components should stand the reliability test under harsh environment such as high temperature, excessive level of dust, etc.
Benefits of Quectel Modules
● Compact form factor, low power consumption, high integration and high stability in harsh environment.
● Worldwide LTE, UMTS/HSPA+ and GSM/GPRS/EDGE coverage, with smooth migration from 2G, 3G to 4G
● Support rich Internet protocols, industry-standard interfaces as well as abundant drivers and software
● High quality data and image transmission, while SSL function ensures secure data transmission
● Offer reference designs, evaluation tools and timely technical support, which will minimize design-in time and development efforts